Friday, February 24, 2017

The Perfect Walking Stick

My friend, Jenny, asked what criteria I look for in choosing sticks I want to make into walking sticks.  She even volunteered her young one to help in the search for new ones!  So I contemplated what it is I look for.  There seem to be some general dimensions I like, but there is something that defines my search more than that.

Have you ever started a hike and discovered that someone has left a walking stick at the trail head?  It appears to be a stick that they found on their own hike, and liked it so much they wanted to share it with the next hiker.  THAT is the stick I want.  Looking at my collection of sticks waiting to be decorated, I can tell that at least half of them have been just that sort of stick.  Previously loved.

No comments: